Monday, October 13, 2008

Harvest Century

Yesterday Tom and I rode our last organized ride of the year, the Harvest Century. With 3 routes to choose from we decided that we would repeat the 75 mile route that we originally rode 2 years ago. All routes start/end at Champoeg Park.

I had some concerns before the ride day was here, mostly just issues with whether or not I would do okay and if Tom would be feeling well enough as he has had a cold for the past week. We both have slacked off in our riding in the last few weeks also, so that was not helping my confidence for the day.

Also, there are portions of this ride that I was really not looking forward to, going to and from the Canby Ferry (steep on both sides and have to walk) one really big hill not long after our second rest stop and riding along 219 which doesn't really have that wide of shoulders, and what is there is not that great and full of junk and we have to cross over for a left turn on a hill....ugh. I did a lot of praying on this ride!

All went well and this has got to be the best that I have felt in a long time, I felt completely refreshed coming thru Newberg and heading back to Champoeg Park where we (I) enjoyed a little something to eat and some live music.

I am sad that this is the last ride of the season, but I am looking forward to riding to work as much as possible thru the fall and maybe even some in the winter too. Next cycling season will be here in no time at all!

Here is the ferry going back to the other side

This is heading up the hill from the ferry

The last rest stop before heading into Newberg....just 15 miles to go!

OOPS! Tom got a flat...

Looking for a signal.

Yet another self portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...I know where you live (probably)