Thursday, October 09, 2008

Life goes on...

It seems like such a long time since this photo was taken, but it was 4 1/2 years ago...so really, not that long ago. Long enough that the stress and anxiety of the possibility of a recurrence fades more to the back of my mind. Up until April of this year I was having MRI's every 3 months, but in April I made my mind up to make a change and have my schedule switched to every 6 months - the best decision EVER! I don't think about the actual MRI much before the appointment and even less after. So I think I'm finally accepting that things are good.

Today was my follow-up with my oncologist and all is well, blood counts, MRI results - perfect! It was a good visit, fairly short - about an hour - and I left with a disk of my latest MRI and no orders for a blood draw at my next appointment. There have been some staff changes and I have more confidence that the scheduling of my future appointments will be low-stress.

This has been a good day indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...I know where you live (probably)