Tuesday, February 24, 2009

HO HUM

blase
Main Entry:bla·sé
Pronunciation:\blä-ˈzā\
Variant(s):also bla·se
Function:adjective
Etymology:French
Date:1819
1 : apathetic to pleasure or excitement as a result of excessive indulgence or enjoyment: world-weary
2
: sophisticated , worldly-wise
3 : unconcerned

Have been feeling a little blue recently. According to the definition for Blase I could be sophisticated or worldly-wise, neither of which appeal to me. Or unconcerned, thinking on that one. I have to admit that I have been feeling a lack of pleasure or excitement, but it being a result of excessive indulgence or enjoyment, I'm not sure how that is possible. Perhaps being tired because I do so much, now that I can see that.

OR I am in need of a vacation...I think that might be the answer. Not so much a vacation for a get-away, but a vacation from WORK. Add that in with all that I have been doing and that equals tiredness on my part. Fortunately I will have a week off from work and I'm looking forward to a little rest and certainly staying away from work for a week!

1 comment:

Be kind...I know where you live (probably)