Monday, April 19, 2010

One Year...

April 15, 2004

This was taken post-op in ICU after my first surgery on April 15, 2004. In the year and a half after that day, I had another surgery, 6 weeks of radiation and 12 cycles of chemotherapy. During my chemo treatments I had MRI's every couple of months. After completing chemo every 3 months. After another couple of years I went to every six months. I have often thought that his would be a permanent arrangement to keep things in check - I know that I will not be ending my visits to my oncologist or neurosurgeon for a very long time.

So, on April 14 I had a routine MRI and then a follow up appointment with my neurosurgeon. I like my neurosurgeon - he's pretty laid back and easy to be around. During my appointments we talk about this, that and the other thing...and sometimes we talk about my brain tumor (or lack thereof). Near the end of my appointment on Friday Dr. R said, "So, how about a year?" I was stunned! I was like "Really?!....REALLY?!"

I was so excited...still am actually. This is really a blessing from God...I have endured so much as far as frustration, anxiety...etc, etc. After 6 years, I trust that anything that happens, God will cover me with His grace.

ONE YEAR...I like!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...I know where you live (probably)