Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Answers to prayer...delayed?

Perhaps one reason God delays His answers to our prayers is because He knows we need to be with Him far more than we need the things we ask of Him....Ben Patterson


I don't know who Ben Patterson is, but his quote is pretty wise, so that must make him wise - Maybe.

Without getting into the nitty-gritty, I'm just going to say that 2010 was a year that God intended for Tom and I to be with Him more than receiving those things that we asked for. I am hopeful that 2011 will be different, but I think I better keep this quote close by as a reminder that God is in control whether we like it or not.

Really though, 2010 wasn't all bad - we got to do a lot of the activities that we normally like to do (rides, events etc), but there was really a lot less spending going on...a lot. Okay, so I have always said that I don't like to shop, but maybe a little itty-bitty part of me likes to shop. I usually see little things here and there while I'm running my errands and OOP - I don't know how that           (you fill in the blank) got into the cart. If that's my only problem, then I think I'm okay. The other way that 2010 wasn't all bad is that we got to spend a lot of time with our favorite people...playing games...eating food...laughing...etc. We were really intentional during the last year, I hope that continues!

So, with that, I look forward to another year of being WITH God and being at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...I know where you live (probably)