Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The madness really never goes away...

So I thought I might be able to at least post about my vacation week, but dang it all, I didn't get to it!

Hoping you all enjoyed your Christmas...looking forward to starting a brand new year with hopefully new and exciting possibilities!

Until I sit down (at home) and get my pictures loaded onto the computer, here's a tidbit that I found in my work email inbox while doing some "housecleaning."

The Hokey-Pokey

The Original

You put your left foot in,
You put your left foot out;
You put your left food in,
And you shake it all about.

You do the Hokey-Pokey
And you turn yourself around.
That's what it's all about!

Shakespearean

O proud left foot, that ventures quick within
Then soon upon backward journey lithe.
Anon, once more the gesture, then begin:
Command sinistral pedestal to writhe.

Commence thou then the fervid Hokey-Poke,
A mad gyration, hips in wanton swirl.
To spin! A wilde release from Heavens yoke.
Blessed dervish! Surely canst go, girl.

The Hoke, the Poke -- banish now thy doubt
Verily, I say, 'tis what it's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...I know where you live (probably)