Friday, June 08, 2012

2nd MRI Update and Other Stuff...


MY 2012 MRI SAGA...

April 9 - Annual MRI - which was a total fiasco - ended up at Southwest and not Rebound.
April 30 - Follow-up appointment with Dr. Rokosz - there might be something near my pituitary he will review with the radiologist might need a 2nd MRI
May 1 - Someone from Dr. R's office calls to schedule a 2nd MRI. So we schedule for May 15 :(
May 15 - MRI at Rebound - YAY!
May 18 - Tired of waiting to hear from doctor's office. I call and leave a message.
May 21 - Still waiting - called and left a 2nd message.
May 22 - Now I'm annoyed - called yet again. This time when the automated message saying there are a certain number of calls ahead me, would you like to leave your number for a return call...I press "1" for YES!  A few minutes later I receive a call from Bethany and SHE was able to give me all sorts of information....WE LOVE BETHANY! I was informed that I would receive a call by the end of the day. So, I get a call on my way home from work and ignore it - I don't know the number. I am almost home and I get yet another call on my cell phone, same unknown number - maybe I should answer it. Hmm...oh, it's Dr. R. He informs me that there definitely is something and that he will consult with another Neurosurgeon for their opinion and I will get a call.

May 23 - I decide that I need a mental health day and take some sick leave. Later in the morning I got a call from Rebound and missed it so I return the call and am told that I will need to have lab work done to test my hormone levels.
May 24 - I'm completely confused by this whole  lab work thing and start making phone calls again! I decide on Quest Diagnostics. Call their clinic and get the low down - they are much more user friendly than Rebound and I get all sorts of instructions and information.
May 25 - I make my way over to Quest bright and early and the nice woman sticks me in the arm and take 5 or 6 vials of my precious blood!
June 5 - I'm REALLY tired of waiting and call Rebound and do the whole enter your number trick again...I gotta remember to do that everytime! Bethany calls me back :) I leave a message with her and was told that Dr. R may be in the clinic the following day, if not I would hear from him on Thursday. I hope for Wednesday.
June 6 - Mid-afternoon Dr. R calls to let me know that my tests came back fine and that what I most likely have is a cyst so no treatments to go through. BUT he would like me to go in for another MRI in 3 months.

So tumor!!!

1 comment:

  1. YAYYY!!! No tumor! Praise God!! And I'm glad after all that waiting and runaround, that it was good news. Definitely makes it easier to deal with, huh?!! Congratulations!!


Be kind...I know where you live (probably)