Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Getting Crafty

A couple of weeks ago I took my sewing machine, which is 13 years old and has been serviced just one time, in to the be serviced for the second time. When I dropped it off I didn't realize that I would have to wait 2 weeks for it to be ready to pick-up. To say the least I was a little disappointed. I had JUST spent an afternoon at the church learning how to make tote bags for the Shoebox ministry that we do every year. I REALLY wanted to make more bags, but couldn't because my machine was being held hostage...for TWO weeks!

On Thursday, last week I picked up my machine and brought it home. I had to wait a couple of days since I had pretty much torn apart my sewing room right after I took my machine in, made a major change, but then decided that I didn't want do anymore work in there until I got my machine back.

So, this past Saturday I spent a couple of hours rearranging stuff in my sewing room and got things all set up just to find out that my machine was acting fruity. There was something wrong with the stitches and it was soooo not good. I was so disappointed...didn't want to deal with it or anything. So I let it sit overnight. The next day I asked one of the ladies at church to see if she had any ideas of what might be happening with my machine and showed her what I had produced. After a minute or so she  suggested that I change out the needle and try it again.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!

That was the problem. NOW everything is working just fine. I was able to put together one small tote and finished up a project that I had cut out before I sent my machine in. Last  night I stitched together another tote and now I'm on a roll!

One of the ladies at church had her baby a couple of weeks ago and I finally decided to get her a gift (it's amazing how holding a baby can do that to a person). This morning I was thinking that instead of buying a gift bag or wrapping up everything into a box, why not make a tote bag? I found a couple of really cute fabrics at Hancock during my lunch break...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!
These owls look a little weird, but maybe as a tote it won't be too bad.
It has been a while since I have been this excited about sewing...now I can't wait to get through the day and do some crafting in the evenings! This Saturday there will be another sewing day at the church that I will go to...I'm so excited  now!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay you! I love the fabric! And I love that you are able to sew again. I love sewing! And what better thing to sew, than for the shoeboxes?! The kids will love them!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Be kind...I know where you live (probably)