Sunday, August 21, 2016

Question of the Day

How Full is Your Fridge?

Since there is just Tom and I we don't have to stock a bunch of any one thing. I would say that we have a full fridge, but not so much that we can't see the back of the inside of the fridge.

This is kind of a weird question to me. I think the real question would be how full is your pantry. Pantry is subjective as we don't have a pantry as people would think of in the new homes that are being built. We use what used to be where the canned foods would be put up (I imagine) in our basement. It's not very deep, not quite a foot, but it's more than 6 feet wide and is full of staples - canned goods, boxed items, extra oils and vinegars, baking items, pasta, beans some rice and other things that just don't fit anywhere else.

When some of the veggies are ready in our garden, we buy even less to put into the fridge. Right now we have bean, cucumbers and potatoes coming on. Earlier this season we had a bunch of leafy items that we will sow again for a fall crop. The Cherry Tomatoes are getting close and we'll have an abundance of those. And in the hoop house are several Roma plants that I hope will produce enough for us to process for storage.

That's about it for the food/fridge situation in our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...I know where you live (probably)