Friday, July 21, 2006

I HATE CRITTERS

I spent a some time off my bike this week - lack of motivation, getting ready for the heat.

Now I'm just plain ol' pissed...

Tom went off to work and I decided that since it will be too hot to ride this weekend I'll ride a nice short loop this morning. Everything was fine, until I came upon a raccoon on the Salmon Creek Trail. Usually I see bunnies hoppin' into the brush. This little guy was actually heading one direction while I decided to give him some room and then he darted across the trail...the stupid thing got caught up in my front wheel which sent me into the brush...thank goodness for a fairly soft landing.

I'm all good though, I got away with just a nasty bruise on my leg. Can't say the same about my bike, which is still rideable, just need some adjustments on my brake lever and maybe my wheel.

With the Livestrong ride just over a week away, I'm glad that nothing more serious happened to ME or MY BIKE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...I know where you live (probably)