Tuesday, July 18, 2006

HEAT IS ON ITS WAY

I hate the heat...I would be happy with 75 degrees and the occasional cloud cruising by. I shouldn't complain though - a few years ago Tom had a conference in Charleston, South Carolina in the middle of July(!) and I went along for not quite 48 hours. That place was HOT and the humidity...oh my...don't get me started. The moment we walked out of the airport my glasses fogged right up. That was it I wanted to go home.

Our most recent experience with humidity was in Naperville, IL during a visit to see Tom's brother and his family. OH MY...we ended up in Arlington Heights for a special event and the temperature at 11:30 AM was 96 degrees. 96 DEGREES and it wasn't even NOON. It was a very miserable day...I thought I was going to melt. We were to leave to come home the following day and that night, of all nights, there was no breeze, nothing, not even a hint. I sweated thru the night and may have gotten two hours of sleep. Oh well. It's a once in a while event.

This weekend may be in the high 90s but most likely will reach mid 100s. I'm out! I'll be living in our basement until this heat goes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...I know where you live (probably)