Monday, July 17, 2006

Rest Day

The the riders in the Tour de France are taking a rest day and so am I. Over the last week I rode approximately 85 miles...Tom wanted me to take a day off. Actually, I decided that I should take the day off, but if I feel good then I go against my better judgement.

So, today is my rest day and I am sitting at work looking at cycling related websites. Cycling News, Graham Watson photography...riders sites. It's almost a sad commentary. Earlier this afternoon I was discussing some of the finer points of the Tour with one of the firefighters...we are GEEKS!

I have to say that this year's tour is a wild one. No one team is in control and the Yellow Jersey has switched hands so many times among several different teams. We'll see how race goes in this last week when the riders enter the Alps.

Tomorrow'sStage 15 ends atop L'Alpe d'Huez I'll be glued to the set tomorrow evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...I know where you live (probably)