Monday, March 24, 2008

Riding is so much easier...

It has been about a week and a half since Tom and I started training for the 5K in the 2008 LIVESTRONG Challenge. Let me tell you that my body just doesn't want to cooperate with this whole moving faster on my feet than walking.

We have moved to Stage 2 of the training plan - which theoretically will get us running 30 minutes (straight) in 10 weeks. I have to be honest though, it took us a week and a half to get to Stage 2...so I imagine that Stage 3 will start in 2 weeks instead and we'll be ready to run this 5K in oh, I don't know, how about September?

Seriously though, it's been fun - in a freaky way. I'm hangin' in there and Tom, well he is just plain ol' patient - being a former high school cross country and track type person.

I haven't given up my bike and have gotten out a few times during my week away from work - really am looking forward to riding to work again soon and not spending the $3.50+ for gas - BLAH.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...I know where you live (probably)