Saturday, April 19, 2008

Crazy Weather + Training = no fun

I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. It was windy when I made a trip to the toilet at 5:30 and it's windy now as I write this.

One of the first things Tom asks is

"Would you be up for a cold ride this morning?"

My response "NO!"

We have spent the last month training for the 5K in the windy, cold rain...as much as I would like to be out on my bike, I have to admit that I am a wimp at this point. No desire to ride when I'm already feeling cold...maybe later when I start to feel stir-crazy.

Today is a rest day from training which is good because I have decided that I do not enjoy running on the track at the middle school...it's softer than running on pavement and that is what I am used to. Tomorrow we run again, but it will be at the track with Mary who joined me on Thursday to "suffer" with me, she is a trooper! Running on the track occasionally will be fine, it is convenient and that way I will get an idea of distance to go along with time.

Until tomorrow I will enjoy my rest day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...I know where you live (probably)