Monday, August 11, 2008

BATS

Not the kind you swing, the kind with WINGS....as per usual, Tom was not around when I encountered the bat in the KITCHEN, just flittin' about and all. That is not a sight that one would expect at 5:25 in the morning and I was freaked out, but not so much that I would be crazy - I closed doors to key areas and then called Tom at his office and to let him know that things were not quite right. Then decided that I needed to document this momentus occasion with a 30 second movie taken with the digital camera.

I did not realize that I would not be able to rotate the movie like I am able to with photos afterwards, but here it is....

Tom assured me that the bat wouldn't hurt me or anything, but the thing is, it's a bat and it's in the house and I'm not a fan of things that can fly - that are flying around my kitchen. After about 15 minutes I was able to continue with my morning routine as the bat, I'm guessing, made it down to the basement. I wasn't really in the mood to find out so I got ready for work and headed out. Tom will have to deal with it when he gets home.

On a positive note, Decaf jumped up on the counter next to the refrigerator in an effort to get to the bat and immediately jumped down. Turns out that the plastic carpet runners (with the pokey nubbins on the reverse side) when placed on counter tops with the pokey side up work well to deter small furry animals from being in places they shouldn't be in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...I know where you live (probably)