Monday, August 04, 2008

winged creatures, Part 3

When I started chemo in September 2004 I continued to work thru the treatments even though the drugs made me incredibly tired and it was getting harder each month to deal with the side affects. So in November I started taking medical leave from work so I wouldn't have to worry about work and just focus on resting and taking care of myself during chemo week.

Most months were uneventful, but there were a couple where something totally unexpected popped up. My morning routine was to sleep in as much as possible and then spend the day doing stuff around the house and resting as much as I needed to. This one particular morning I made the trek to the kitchen and this is what I encountered...

There are a few questions that run thru my mind - First, how is it that it was the FIRST thing I saw when I stepped into the kitchen? HOW did it get into the house? Is the bird going to move? WHAT am I going to do?! Also, how is it that the cats don't see this bird and if they do what will happen?

NOT GOOD.

Well, since I didn't know what to do I called Tom. He has been at work for hours by the time I call him and really, this bird was disturbing. Just its mere presence was enough to send me into a slight panic. I don't think he liked the idea of having to come home to take care of this problem, but I really wasn't ready to spend the day sitting in the kitchen making sure that the bird doesn't go anywhere. Besides, who knows how long it had already been frozen in that position, it might want to stretch it's wings and I really wasn't in the mood for that to happen.

So Tom came home and took care of removing the bird from the house and went back to work. I have to admit that I felt bad, but when something is not right what do you do?

1 comment:

Be kind...I know where you live (probably)