Saturday, September 19, 2009

Vacation Week Comes to an end...



This last week has been nice...just hanging out with Tom and relaxing and rescuing the roses and other plants around the house from the overgrown weeds. I knew that the week would go fast and I'm really not looking forward to going back to work on Monday, but that's still a couple of days away - so I'm going to enjoy the rest of my time at home with Mr. Tom.

On Monday we went to Toutle and rode the Tour de Blast route to Elk Rock. I wanted to see if I would be able to ride up to the point that Tom rode to when we did this ride in June (Robin & I turned back at Hoffstadt Bluffs). WHAT A GRIND! Really, that's all I can say. It took us 3 hours to get to the viewpoint at Elk Rock and then the ride back to Toutle was half the time! We were really flying - which was pretty draining because we had to pay so much attention to the road, traffic, debris etc. I would have to say that the day was pretty successful, but I didn't pack enough food so we made a stop in Kid Valley at the gas station to get some junk to get us back to Toutle. I am determined to do this again next June, if not sooner - so that just means a lot of training so I know that I can do and maybe even a little better than this time :)

The new Predators of the Serengeti opened last week so we took max to the zoo and checked out the new lions along with a small horde of people. It was pretty cool...with the glass that separated the people from the animals being so clean we got some pretty good pictures of the lions walking right up to take a closer look at us people. THAT was pretty cool! I have yet to finish my smilebox for that trip, but I'm getting close!

If only time would slow down just a little bit. As I get older I'm enjoying being home more often and going to work less. Retirement seems to be a long way off still....will I make it?

Must work on work attitude...good luck to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...I know where you live (probably)