Saturday, November 26, 2011

Another Thanksgiving has Come and Gone...

Thanksgiving has come and gone and we were with the Bennett Family, but if I had a choice, I would want to be transported back to my childhood Thanksgiving Family Dinners.

I remember the table all full of food...my brother's oyster stuffing, the candied yams (ick) and all sorts of other side dishes and of course the turkey. Those dinners were always so good - my mom could cook a traditional Thanksgiving dinner just as good as all the Indo food that she cooked - nothing really compares!

Those days were so long ago and at age 46 I have spent more Thanksgivings without my mom than with her. I miss her every Thanksgiving as it was the first holiday we celebrated without her after she passed away 25 years ago. You would think that it would get easier, but with these memories...it just seems like yesterday that our little family sat down together at the table together.

Thankful for those memories - hoping that they never fade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...I know where you live (probably)