Monday, March 11, 2013

Too

I'm not one to be group/club happy. Not that I don't want to be with other people, I just like to do things on my own. It's not really that great of an attitude, but I find that I can get a lot more done (you would think) while on my own.

Enter Blessed Piecemakers Too - I thought it would just be a one time deal. We would meet once and then figure out that it wouldn't be worth it to get together. Boy, was I wrong! I just went to my second get-together this past Saturday - with pretty much the same cast of shady characters and spent a few hours sewing...chit-chatting and sewing a little more. I think I may have been goofing off more than I was being productive, but I had fun anyway. As far as my productivity, I was able to get two tote bags put together, finish one that I started at home and started one that I figured out was not cut straight - and I am not a stitch magician yet.  So, almost  4 bags this time as opposed to the two last month ;) Our group meets once a month at Felida - so if you are interested stop by to see what we are up to!

Anyway, it has been fun to sew along side our long time quilt maker, Linda (Steenie) Johnson and learn a thing or two along the way. There is a woman who is part of the Wednesday Blessed Piecemakers who just sews like crazy! My understanding is that she pretty much sews all the time. So she has been fun to become acquainted with. Sally & Jenni are the two other sewing pals too. Jenni is there to help with projects rather than sew - I like that she comes to hang out and visit with us. Sally has two big quilts that she is working on for family members who are getting married this summer. I'm hoping to work on personal projects too, but the tote bags are just TOO easy to cut and sew. TOO EASY!

So, as much as I protest just about any other gathering that is just women only, this one is a lot of fun for me! I'm starting to enjoy sewing again and have discovered all sorts of fabric that I can use to make tote bags. Oh, these tote bags are going to Operation Christmas Child. I love the fact that the really cute fabrics that I have collected over the years will go to a child somewhere in the world who will receive a gift and be blessed with the goodies in the box, and learn more about our Sweet Savior Jesus Christ.

Mission: Sewing With Purpose!

PS: So far we are meeting the 2nd Saturday of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind...I know where you live (probably)