Sunday, September 03, 2006

Felida Family Whole Again

Pastor Scott has been on Sabbatical this summer - Today was his first Sunday back and his sabbatical is officially over. It was good that we as a congregation were agreeable to his need for a break, but I don't know if we would allow another sabbatical in the future...hmmm.

We had a rowdy time this morning during the worship service which was 2 hours long! Even then, Pastor Mark couldn't finish on time! Luke Hendrix spoke to us this morning and man he is an excellent speaker. We finished the service with communion and then all headed for the gym for a celebratory luncheon to welcome the Roberson's back.

I was amazed at the attendance for a holiday weekend - the auditorium was PACKED! Guess everyone wanted to be at church for the big celebration.

The church heard from many excellent speakers this summer, but it sure is good to have Scott back all refreshed and ready to teach us from God's word again.

www.felida.org

1 comment:

  1. Nancy Grace:

    Thanks for the update on Scott. When I was up there this summer, I was really disspapointed that I couldn't see him preach. Glad that he is back, and so well loved by his congregation. I heartily agree, he is really a good speaker, and pastor.

    ReplyDelete

Be kind...I know where you live (probably)